Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

IRONMAN Training!

I am now in week #3 of my Lake Placid IM training. As a recap, here are my training goals for the month of January. 

Nutrition: Continue my cleanse that entails no alcohol, no caffeine, no dairy products, no processed 
                 sugars, and wild fish only. (no meat)

Fitness: Focus on developing a strong base by incorporating a minimum of 30 minutes of strength 
                 training, 3 times per week  
             Target my weaker sport to develop more strength. i.e. bike for a minimum of 30 minutes, 2 
                 times per  week
             Start to increase my cardio by running 3 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes 
             Incorporate yoga 2-3 times per week to improve core strength, balance and flexibility
             Walk to and from my yoga studio to increase mental strength and adaptability to various 
                 weather conditions. (5km total in distance)
             Meditate every day for a minimum of 5 minutes 
             Visualize a segment of the race for 20 minutes, once a week

So far I have met most of my goals! My biggest challenge has been to meditate and visualize consistently. It is truly amazing how time flies by and how busy our lives are and how many distractions we are faced with daily.  However, meditating for 5 minutes should not be challenging. I brush my teeth every day, so why can I not take 5 minutes to re-connect my mind and body? The physical and mental benefits are way more important than sending that one last email, or taking a call that can wait a few more minutes. Therefore, my plan this week is to be more disciplined and commit to 5 minutes of  meditation, no matter what time of the day. Namaste! 

Stay active and anything is possible!
Donna 
             

No comments:

Post a Comment