I came across this article on Prevention.com and loved it! I often have arguments with myself when I set my alarm to get up early to train. But I felt relieved and a sense of camaraderie when I read this article. So the next time my alarm goes off before the sun rises, I won't feel alone anymore! Enjoy.
Waking up at the crack of dawn to run, spin, or squeeze in some yoga is never easy. The ones who do it anyway? They’re not genetic mutants—they’re master arguers. Here’s a peek at the tug-of-war that goes on in every brain when the alarm blares.
In a dark, quiet bedroom an iPhone alarm disturbs the peace. Groggy exerciser fumbles for phone and squints in disbelief at the time.
1. Seriously? I swear I just went to bed.
2. Five more minutes. Okay, 10. I’ll get dressed fast…
Hits snooze. Cue snoring. Jump 10 minutes into the future.
3. Shut UP, Chimes! I have GOT to change my alarm sound.
Hits snooze for a second time. Turns over.
4. Maybe I can skip today. I went yesterday.
5. You’ll regret it. Just get up.
6. But I went yesterday…
7. Yeah, you should sleep. Sleep makes you skinny.
8. But you’ll feel like crap later.
Defiantly snuggles deeper under the covers.
9. When did my bed get so comfortable?
10. When else are you going to do it?
11. Ugh, fine. I’ll go. There’s no falling back to sleep now anyway.
12. Damn it, Chimes! I said I’m getting up.
Finally gets out of bed.
13. The SUN isn’t even out yet.
14. Coffee… must get coffee…
Fumbles through drawers.
15. Does this match? Whatever, at least I’m going.
16. Thank GOD for caffeine.
Still half-drunk on melatonin, workout begins.
17. This sucks. Why am I doing this?
18. Okay, just go slow. Better than nothing!
Halfway through the workout
19. Ah, yes, finally: Endorphins!
20. This song rocks—totally going to Spotify it.
21. I’m awesome!
22. Life is great!
23. I love everyone!
24. So glad I didn’t stay in bed!
25. Woah … did I wear that?