Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

IRONMAN TRAINING HAS BEGUN!!!!!

Lake Placid, Sunday, July 24th, 2016. That is the day I will be taking on my 3rd Full IRONMAN.  As some of you may know, I originally made the decision to wait one year before doing another IRONMAN.  But I was itching to do another one (yes, I know that sounds crazy to want to do a sport for over 12 consistent hours!) and this time I am determined to make it to KONA!!!!!  By registering with and raising enough funds for the amazing MMRF (Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation) I have a chance to earn a bib for the mother of all IRONMANS, KONA!!!!

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/ironman-world-championship.aspx#axzz3wUQ3ZKFR

As I embark on my journey to Lake Placid, starting tomorrow, I will be posting my training on a weekly basis. I will also share with you my nutrition plan and all the ups and downs that come with training for an endurance sport.

I hope you will enjoy hearing about my journey and maybe you'll be inspired to do portions of the training on your own and/or apply some of my nutrition tips for yourself!  You can also help fulfill my dream to participate in the KONA IRONMAN by donating whatever amount your heart desires to my fund raising page. Every little bit counts, not just for me, but for MMRF and cancer patients in both the US and Canada!

http://support.themmrf.org/site/TR/EnduranceEvents/EnduranceEvents?px=1769450&pg=personal&fr_id=2120


Stay active and anything is possible!
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment