Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Monday, February 1, 2016

My 21 day eating healthy program

Saturday was the last day of my eating healthy cleanse! Surprisingly it was not that hard. Every January I do a 21 day cleanse (sometimes longer) and each year, it gets easier. But more importantly, the healthy habits I learn throughout the course of the month become a lifestyle.

Strangely enough, eliminating alcohol and caffeine was not very hard.  My biggest challenge was being prepared! I am often on the go and I did not always have healthy foods with me.  I was amazed how easy it was to buy processed foods everywhere and so hard to find a healthy snack or meal! I found myself resorting to buying a piece of fruit until I returned home. It did not take long before I started keeping nuts/seeds in my purse and bringing an apple, pear or carrots with me while traveling in between clients. My water bottle soon became my best friend and I may need a new tea container! My David's Tea carry bottle has been well used and traveled. But it was well worth all the extra thought and effort. Feeling and being healthy is much more important than how good a piece of chocolate cake taste. Of course I will indulge every so often, but I've learned to listen to my body and know when to say enough is enough. I can eat my dessert but as we all know and heard a million times before, in moderation.

Stay active (and eat well!) and anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment