Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Reality check


I am simply gutted today. I was quickly reminded of my "why" for participating in the Lake Placid Ironman on July 24th.  I saw a very sad post today by my good friend Craig Finkbeiner's wife, Penny, that said " Ok here we go again , wondering what we're going to do since he re-lapsed ? New Chemo ? More of what's he's on ?"

I was shocked and very sad.

Craig Finkbeiner and I both trained for the Lake Placid IM last year and we soon became fast friends. During our training, he shared with me his story as a Multiple Myeloma patient. He was very humble but I knew that this disease was and still is heartbreaking and very deadly. After being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, the survival rate is 2-3 years. Craig has survived over 8 years after having over 80 chemo treatments. But that has never stopped Craig. He has completed several half Ironman's, a full Ironman along with many road races. He continuously trains hard and is like a machine! He is also so gentle, family focused and is very committed to not letting this disease stop him from living life.

Craig is a huge inspiration to me and I have asked the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation if I could partner with Craig and raise money in his honor as well as in honor of my father who passed away from a similar disease.

If you would like to donate toward MMRF's research to help find better treatments and ultimately a cure, please visit my page. Any donation would be greatly appreciated by myself and Craig. 

support.themmrf.org/donnafoster 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and may you take time today, to let someone you love know you are thinking about them.

Stay active and anything is possible!
Donna 

No comments:

Post a Comment