Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Testimonial from Olga Valentine!


I first met Donna when I was looking for a personal trainer to help me prepare for my climb up Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa. She had recently returned from climbing Everest Base Camp herself, so I knew I was in good hands. I instantly fell in love with Donna’s infectious smile, positive attitude and most importantly, realistic approach to health and fitness. I felt like she actually LISTENED to what my goals were, what my likes and dislikes were, what my time commitment was like, etc. and THEN developed a program that would actually work for me. In this day and age, listening is a rare skill and it is refreshing to finally meet a trainer who does it so well. This is something that I always felt was missing from other trainers I had worked with, who just threw me in a program that they claimed was tailored to my needs, but that I always felt was exactly the same for their other clients.  


6 months after successfully climbing Kilimanjaro, I found myself living in Montreal and reading an email from Donna with news that she had just moved to Montreal as well! Lucky me! I had previously mentioned to Donna that I have always had a personal goal of running a marathon. She convinced me that if I really wanted to, I had enough time to start training for a half-marathon. Over the next 10 weeks, Donna was my coach, mentor, motivation, biggest supporter, and number one fan! Each week of training she held me accountable for my runs and pushed me harder than I thought I could push myself. 10 weeks later I ran the Niagara Falls International Marathon in 1:40 and placed 6th in my category. I would recommend Donna to anyone looking for a personal trainer, run coach or even just healthy lifestyle motivator. She truly cares about her client's goals and happiness; she's simply the best. Thanks Donna!!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment