Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

15 Healthy Practices You Already Know and Should Be Doing



I read this fantastic article from Mind, Body, Green's website (www.mindbodygreen.com) that I was going to post in January. You know, that time when most individuals create their "new year's resolutions" list?  But then I thought, why not start today! These are fabulous practices that we should we be doing every day. If not, we should start doing them every day! 

However, rather than list all 15 healthy practices at once, I'm going to list just one a day over the next 15 days. Why? As you read each practice, I want you to really focus on the message. Reflect, visualize yourself doing the practice and figure out a way to incorporate it into your daily routine. I guarantee it will impact your overall well being! 


HEALTHY PRACTICE #1

1. Move your body.

You can't underestimate the power of experiencing the strength of your physical body in healthy ways. Find healthy movement that you enjoy and try to participate in it at least 60 minutes daily. You're establishing rhythms that will support you throughout your life, so get moving!
My recommendation: If you can not fit in 60 consecutive minutes a day into your routine, break it down into 3 segments of 20 minutes or 2 segments of 30 minutes. Then work your way up to 60 minutes straight. Keep in mind that if you are moving, you are improving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment