Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Is sugar really that bad for you?

Finally! There is hope that Spring is around the corner! I don't know about you, but I was starting to go stir crazy from such a long winter. I also noticed that with the cold weather I started to crave more of my old comfort foods which meant more SUGAR! But I stayed strong and managed my sweet tooth. How? By choosing healthier foods when my craving hit. ie. fresh fruit, dates, kefir with organic maple syrup and nuts and opting for chocolate bars with 70% cocoa or higher.  

Coincidentally, I came across this article today regarding sugar, "11 Weird Things Sugar is Doing to Your Body." Not only does it give facts and studies regarding the effects of sugar, it offers suggestions as to how to prevent possible diseases and symptoms from having too much sugar. Enjoy! 

http://www.rodalenews.com/sugar-toxic?cm_mmc=Facebook-_-Rodale-_-Health-_-11WeirdThingsSugarIsDoingtoYourBody

No comments:

Post a Comment