Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Keeping it Real



I thought I would share my weekend after reading the post going around FB regarding "Please don't Envy Me." Here's the link for the complete article. 

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/03/please-dont-envy-me-the-facebook-status-everyone-should-read/

This past weekend I chose to splurge. What does this mean for me? Here's a recap of my weekend. 

Friday: Powerwalked with 2 clients, studied, wrote 2 nutrition programs, responded to all of my nutrition clients, went grocery shopping with my husband, went for a micro brewed beer at a local pub and then had a vegetarian frozen pizza for dinner accompanied with red wine from Argentina while watching jeopardy we taped on tv. 

Saturday morning: Ran hills with a client and then we both went to yoga together. Ate a healthy breakfast and then headed to a baseball game with my husband and friends. Had 2 beers at the game and then went to an amazing fondue dinner with more friends. Enjoyed baguette and sesame seed bread with lactose free cheese and a variety of other cheeses as well! (FYI, I haven't had white bread or cheese for months!) Followed it up with seafood fondue of scallops, crab and shrimp, raw veggies and LOTS and LOTS of red wine! Fell asleep earlier than I planned to (I failed to pace myself) and woke up to winter all over again.  (Spring has not yet come to Montreal) 

Sunday: I didn't work out. I went to church, drank lots of water, had a good healthy breakfast but  later on the day, I couldn't resist my favourite blue corn chips ( a whole bag!) and tempernino red wine and skipped dinner all together.  

So what I am saying is, personal trainers have off days too and that is okay. We are real people that have unhealthy cravings. We splurge, eat foods and drink wines that are not always the best choice. Tomorrow is always a new day and I get right back on track with eating healthy and exercising. I had a great weekend with friends and my husband and I would not change that for the world. 

Tuesday:  Still keeping it real: 

Staying in line with the" Please don't envy me blog" this is me today at 12:20pm working on marketing Positively Active. I've been up since 4:15am to train clients, write programs and research more articles, theories, etc on health and fitness. Notice the nicely done hair, the mascara that is now down my face making my eyes look fabulous. Can't wait to take a picture after my workout. Lookout Oxygen magazine!

Stay active (and real) and anything is possible! 
Donna 

No comments:

Post a Comment