Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A letter to myself at 13



Dear Donna

It is hard to believe you are turning 13! You have grown to be such a lovely woman not just on the outside, but on the inside as well.

As you enter into your teens, I’d like to share some things I have learned along the way. I could write a whole book of my life experiences (good and bad) and the lessons I learned. But I will choose those that coincide with where I am in my life right now.

1.     Love yourself: Stop comparing yourself to other people and start embracing your own uniqueness! There is no else like you and there will never be. So enjoy being YOU!

2.     Take 10 minutes every day to reflect on what you are grateful for: As we get older, we often allow our daily responsibilities to take over our lives and before we know it, we lose ourselves.  By taking 10 minutes to reflect on our blessings, we realize just how blessed we really are. This in turn helps to keep us balanced and connected to our true self. 

3.     Laugh often:  How great do you feel after you have a good hard laugh? It feels wonderful! Learning to laugh at yourself is also very important. Never take yourself too seriously because no one else will!

4.     Be forgiving of yourself and others: We are our worst critics! By allowing yourself to be human, (which means you won’t be perfect!), you will enjoy life’s experiences much more. If you are forgiving of others, you’ll find that your life will be much easier as well. It takes way too much energy to carry around a grudge or anger or frustration! Besides, the person you are angry with probably has no idea how you feel and most likely will never change!


5.     Don’t judge: We often think we know what’s best for others and how people should behave. Unless you walked in that person’s shoes, you will never know their true situation.

6.     Be fearless: Never be afraid to dream big! Never let other people’s negativity affect you.  You don’t want to miss a great opportunity to shine and show your true abilities.

7.     Never be afraid to fail: I learned that it is through my failures that I am able to achieve even more than I ever imagined I could!

8.     Always take the time to let someone know you love them or to say thank you.  We often hear people say “I’m so busy”. Does it really take that long to send a quick email or text to let someone know you care? No one lives forever so don’t miss an opportunity to say I love you or thank you!

9.      Walk every day for at least 20 minutes: Walking has so many health benefits. But what I love most about walking is that it gives me time to enjoy nature and clear my mind. There’s something about being outside in the fresh air that makes me feel calm, alive and connected to the universe.

    10.   Eat real food 90% of the time: Our bodies are amazing machines. It works hard to keep us alive and the more healthy you eat, the stronger your body will become, the more efficiently it will work and the better quality of life you will live! 




Never forget how wonderful you are Donna! 

No comments:

Post a Comment