Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

High Intensity Interval Training and Yoga

HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is all the rage right now and for good reason. It pushes you to work harder and to get out of your comfort zone. But for most people, one of the best benefits of HIIT training is that it saves you time as you burn off more calories, improve your cardiovascular level and lose more fat. I love HIIT and I often use this method for my clients who are capable of performing this type of training and who enjoy it. Well, enjoy is relative of course. But I also encourage my clients to balance their fitness programs with yoga and finding a style of yoga that works for them. As a HIIT advocate, when I began practicing yoga as part of my Ironman training last summer, I found it challenging to go from high impact workouts into a space of stillness and quietness. But after a few months, I discovered that my yoga practice was not just physical, it taped into my emotional and mental state of mind.

Here`s an article that explores the benefits of yoga from a weight loss perspective. However, I found that this article goes way beyond weight loss. Have a read and discover for yourself what yoga can do for you.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_can_yoga_help_me_lose_weight


No comments:

Post a Comment