Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Are you a procrastinator?


What a great way to start off a beautiful fall morning.  I just finished training a client and now I am sitting in a lovely coffee shop watching the world wake up as the sky turns from night to day  As part of my morning routine, I love to read my weekly inspirational tips.  Below is the inspiration I received today from Tim Cork, Straight A's Inc.  This inspiration is very timely for me. One, I decided not to wait any longer to do a Full Ironman!  I've already arranged hiring a tri-athelete coach and I meet her this Thursda and the event takes place August 18th, 2013. 

Two, I'm finally getting myself in gear to organize a walking event in Toronto to bring awareness for elderly and kids.  This has been something I've wanted to do for over a year now and just yesterday, I started the research process and have a team that I'm already working with to organize this event.  So, as Napolean says, Don't Wait! 


Don’t wait. The Time will never be just right”  
                                          - Napoleon Hill
 
Excel, get great or extraordinary at what you love now. Don’t hesitate and don’t wait. Don't put it off...do it now. When we postpone things we put ourselves in the land of regret or on the edge of that territory. Don’t hold back, go all out. Whatever you want to do grab onto it with both hands and ride hard. Too often we wait it out until retirement to enjoy life to the fullest. Do it now and build on it even more when you retire. Travel now, exercise now, eat great foods now, love now, work hard now. Live in the moment and live well. Use your best China now, have a party now, visit your mother now.
 
Here is a powerful and revealing question. When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it? Do something totally new, do something totally outside your comfort zone. Do something outrageous. Shock yourself occasionally by doing something you think isn't for you or you are scared of. Scare yourself occasionally.
 
Dream, set goals and go after what you plan for but also mix it up and step outside what you've planned. Spontaneity is a wonderful gift to give to yourself. Stop being so predictable. Stop being so bloody boring. Outrageous is powerful and memorable and a good educator. What are your limits? Push that edge occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment