Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Monday, December 1, 2014

Training Reboot



It's been awhile since I posted an update on my IRONMAN training. As it turns out, I was way ahead of the game! I started my training a bit too early. So I took the rest of October and all of November to focus on my flexibility and balance and fine tuned my meditation abilities. I also registered for a 30 day yoga challenge that ends Dec 10th. But today my first program for the IM began! Here's a review of Day One! 


DAY ONE: 

5:00AM: 15 minutes of meditation

9:00AM: Read  for 1 hour regarding form and technique for the bike and training strategies 

1:00PM: One on One Cross Fit training session for 30 minutes. For this IM event, I decided to incorporate Cross Fit into my training so I researched CrossFit studios and discovered CrossFit Ville-Marie. As part of their policy, you have to register for 4 private 30 minute sessions before you can take the other classes. I can not stress enough how important it is to have the right form and technique when training and although I am a personal trainer, I still need advise and feedback on my own form and technique to ensure I am doing the exercise correctly.  

3:00PM: 45 minute interval training on my bike trainer. It's amazing what you can find on YouTube! I came across a video of a group of cyclist riding through their city. The scenery was beautiful! Next video will be a bike ride in Mallorca! 

4:30PM: 1 hour Core/Flexibility yoga. 
               My intention for this class was to focus on my breath and to be present. During the
               meditation, I visualized myself biking the course! 


That completes Day One. 




No comments:

Post a Comment