Running and Powerwalking!

Running and Powerwalking!
Get fit with me!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Do you listen to your inner Laziness or your inner Warrior?

"But I Don't Wanna!!!"                   (This article is from Sparkpeople.com. Enjoy!)

Does your body ever tell you this? Say, when your alarm goes off in the morning and you're just so comfy cozy in your bed? I know mine does. They say you're supposed to listen to your body. (Well, at least that's the excuse I use when I don't wanna). Then I realize, 'Hey, that's not my body. That's my Lazy kicking in.' 

My Lazy. That little voice that makes things sound so good. That thing that makes the bad decisions sound a little less, well, bad. Have you met your Lazy? That creature that tells you it'd just be easier to eat that cupcake on the counter than chop up the fruit in your crisper? That evil little being that says twenty more minutes in bed will feel so much better than a 2 mile jog? 

I've listened to my Lazy for way too long. My Lazy got me to 265 pounds. My Lazy had me creeping towards diabetes and heart disease, high cholesterol and a shorter life span. My Lazy needs to be a little less, well, lazy. My Lazy hasn't liked me the past several mornings. My Lazy tried to get me to roll over when the alarm went off. 

My Lazy has been defeated with hikes, jogs and core exercises at 5:30am for the past week. My Warrior is enjoying a winning streak. My Warrior has gotten me out of bed and into my workout gear. My Warrior has gotten me outside for hikes and jogs and back inside for stretching and core work. My Warrior has been kicking my Lazy's butt. My Lazy has been left in the dust, wounded and disappointed. My Warrior is triumphant. 

You can have all the support in the world. A top notch personal trainer. Kids who want to cheer you on. Family and friends who revel in your accomplishments. What you really need to find is your Warrior. My Lazy is a loud one, I tell ya. The attention seeker. The drama queen. My Warrior? Just a quiet voice inside. I found that I just needed to block out the rowdy noise to listen a little more closely so I could focus on my Warrior. 

This morning, I realized my Warrior's real name is Shelby. My Warrior is me

No comments:

Post a Comment